Now that the holidays are here we tend to get busy and the temptation to slack off on our diligent daily oral hygiene routine is great. But while we are busy enjoying all the goodness the festivities bring, we encourage you to be mindful of the effects on your oral health. To help you stay focused on your smile while celebrating, we invite you to consider the following during the holidays:
- Have you limited sweets to mealtime snacks only?
- Have you been eating healthier, and switching out sugary sweets with vitamin-rich foods?
- Have you put a plan into place to dispose of any additional sweets after each holiday? If left around the house, you may find yourself snacking on sweets for weeks and weeks.
- Have you taken care not to damage your teeth on hard candies, such as candy canes, peanut brittle, and peppermint bark?
- Have you been brushing twice daily and flossing once daily?
- Have you scheduled regular visits to your dentist at Hulen Family Dentistry for professional cleanings and oral examinations?
- Have you been using brushing and flossing tools with the ADA Seal of Acceptance?
Enjoy your holidays with a smile, come in to Hulen Family Dentistry and schedule an appointment with Dr. Christopher Hulen for all your dental health care needs. You can call us at 765-675-8745 and speak with a member of our caring team, or stop by our office in Tipton, Indiana. Come in and show off your confident smile!