Welcome to Hulen Family Dentistry in Tipton, Indiana, where thanks to modern technology, Dr. Christopher Hulen and our team employ digital radiography (digital X-rays) to provide valuable insight into your smile. In fact, with their help, X-rays allow us to find and treat problems early on when they require the least invasive treatment options. Our diagnosis is aided by X-rays to determine the following:
- To check for decay between your pearly whites.
- To check for bone loss due to periodontal disease.
- To check for decay beneath your tooth fillings.
- To see if there is an infection at the tip of the tooth root near the bone.
- To see the full picture of your mouth before performing a dental treatment.
Intraoral X-rays include bite-wing, periapical, and occlusal X-rays. Bite-wing X-rays reveal the tooth from the crown to the level of the bone. Periapical X-rays show the entire tooth, from the crown to the end of the root area where your teeth sit in the jaw. Occlusal X-rays show the full tooth development and where it sits, so the entire arch of the teeth in the upper and lower jaw are visible.
Our digital X-rays help us maintain your oral health by letting us see what is happening and how best to address any issues. If you need to schedule a visit with our team, please call 765-675-8745 today. From our family to yours, Dr. Christopher Hulen and all of us at Hulen Family Dentistry in Tipton, Indiana wish you a healthy Thanksgiving holiday!